Subscribe to He Still Watches - The Birth Of A Novel - Be informed on the latest news, and know when new Online Novel pages are posted before everybody else!
Email:
Visit this group

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pages 192-198 are posted...

Mark's stepfather's vice gets out of hand, but at what price?

Pages 192-198 are posted for your enjoyment!

Wow, what a week - my entire family has been struck down with that cold that's going around - which made for a very unpleasant week, to say the least. It is surely miserable, as you well know.

And talk about truth being stranger than fiction - I have gained a new respect for Friday the Thirteenth. I was on my way to work yesterday morning, and there was a snow/rain/freezing rain storm happening that made for terrible driving conditions. I noticed that the heat was not working, and I resolved to get that checked out on the weekend. On the radio, they were talking about all the bad luck that people have on this day - I reached down to turn the volume up a bit, and noticed that all of a sudden, the heat gage went to overheat. My dash lit up with warning lights. I managed to drive to a garage, where they put my minivan up on the hoist, and showed me the problem - I had blown both head gaskets, front and back. About a two and a half thousand dollar stroke of bad luck. As if that wasn't bad enough, a little later in the day, my son took his car in for a safety inspection, and as it turns out, the same thing was ready to happen with his! They are leaking, and need to be replaced as well - Yikes! Two vehicles, both with the same very expensive problem, both on Friday the thirteenth!

Needless to say, I went home and went to bed and stayed there. It's safe there....

While I wait to get my van out of the shop, its a good opportunity to do some writing. Till next week!

~D.M.~

No comments:

Writing Horror is Fun!

Writing Horror is Fun!
This is me hard at work...